Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Tolkien Professor

There are a lot of things that I might do while I’m working. Listening to music, books on tape, DVD’s etc. Recently I’ve had the pleasure of listening to “The Tolkien Professor”. “The Tolkien Professor” is Corey Olsen, an tenured English professor at Washington College who has put his course on J.R.R. Tolkien’s writings online and as podcasts on iTunes. Along with the course, he also offers discussion like “How to read Tolkien and Why”, “Tolkien and Food”, “On Dragons and Orcs” and the like, as well as a more indepth discussion of the Hobbit, and a Silmarrilion Seminar.
Even if you're not a huge Tolkien geek like me, I highly recommend them.
You can check them out here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this sounds so awesome. Thanks for sharing this, man! Was good bumping into you the other night, we gotta get to another life drawing session!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matthew, I recently got across your blog (although I knew about your amazing paintings). I just wanted to tell you that your work is wonderful and I really enjoy it. Hope up keep posting more amazing work.

    All the very best.

    ReplyDelete